The most recent round of the handbook update for September 2019 can be found here.
CMBC has published our August 2019 newsletter! Please click here to read. Highlights include:
- Curious about the future of Health Regulation in BC? Check out pages 1 & 2 for an update from CMBC.
- For Registration Renewal tips and to find out more about the process go to page 8.
- See page 9 for an at a glace update from CMBC’s Quality Assurance Team.
Please be informed that CMBC’s 2018-2019 Annual Report is now available. Please click here to read.
- Do you have questions about New Registrants and Mentorship? Many of your questions are answered in the case study on page 2.
- Curious about the quality of Newborn Bloodspot Screening midwives have been collection at home? Lean the facts on page 6.
- Have you heard that Inquiry Program Manager, Heidi, gave birth to a little girl? Meet her on page 3.
In this edition you will find answers to the above as well as information on home birth record submissions, fetal health surveillance certification, the online birth rosters, CMBC staff update and more!
The most recent round of the handbook update for March 2019 can be found here.
2019 March Handbook update
CMBC is pleased to announce that we will be moving in with other health regulators effective November 26, 2018. Located at 200 Granville Street in Vancouver, this new space is home to the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals, Chiropractors, Opticians, and Dental Technicians, as well, several other health regulators are scheduled to move in over the next year.
This decision allows CMBC to achieve greater economies of scale by sharing space, resources, and infrastructure with other like-minded health regulatory colleges. This location is centrally located in Downtown Vancouver close to Waterfront Station, making for easy access by transit. More importantly, this alignment with other colleges strengthens our commitment to public protection.
Contact information for the registrar’s office will remain the same, email@example.com.
New Mailing Address
College of Midwives of BC, 900-200 Granville Street, Vancouver BC, V6C 1S4
New Phone Number
The College of Midwives of British Columbia is proposing bylaw amendments. These amendments will be posted for three months as required. Any feedback on the proposed amendments should be sent to CMBC and/or to the Ministry of Health no later than October 20, 2018.
CMBC is performing scheduled maintenance on its website from August 24 to August 27, 2018.
During this time, access to registration, change of status, reinstatement, renewal and payments in your Registrant’s Login will be unavailable.
The public registry will be unavailable, for a short time between 5 pm on Friday August 24 and 9 am Saturday, August 25.
Online services will resume on Monday, August 27.
Thank you for your patience.
CMBC has published our August 2018 newsletter! Please click here to read
- Have you wondered about pregnancy and cannabis? Us too!
- Does your client’s profession impact your care?
- A little confused about the Records Retention Policy and Limitations Act?
In this edition you will find answers to the above as well as staff updates, information on Client Requests Outside Standards, Birth Roster Tips & Tricks, and more!
The CMBC 2017-2018 Annual Report has been issued! Please click here to read. In the report you will read the message from the President and the Registrar, information on Board members, reports from all of the committees, and the financial information.
Hope you all have a nice Summer!